So way back in the early 2000's I was just starting out in college. I was on the UND cheer team with several of my friends...and their friends, and then , we all just kinda became friends, because that is just what cheerleaders do! My freshman year I met a very spunky blonde chick named Carrie and have be friends with her ever since. Carrie left Grand Forks after graduation and has spent the last decade traveling the states and world for vet school and then her career. Her husband is from GF so when they are in town to visit...I get to visit with Carrie! Bonus.
Carrie, Michelle and I at Liz's(another cheerleaders) wedding in 2006
After vet school and wedding, Carrie and her husband, Ian( who happened to go to my high school and was class president, great catch) moved to Hong Kong. They come back to the states every 12-18 months and Grand Forks is always on their stop list. I noticed a pattern though that I am encouraging Carrie to break. She visits, I have a 3 month old.....Please do not come back for the next 3 years Carrie, no more babies for me for a while :)
Carrie hanging out with baby Annie ( and Elias) Late December 2009
Carrie and Benjamin- April 2012
Carrie and Samuel October 2013
Anyways, visit 2013 started off wonderful when her and Ian brought Olive Garden over...YES! I knew there was a reason I liked this girl. Annie woke up from her nap and immediatly bonded with Carrie before she had to dash off to gymnastics. It could have been her awesome personality, the cat coin purse she carried or the chocolates she brought for the kids, verdict is still out. Annie and Carrie I think were probably a lot alike as children. I remember Carrie telling me a story about how when she was little her mom would have to remind her to not be so spontaneous all the time. I caught my self saying that to Annie the other day!
\Soon after, Benjamin woke up and was all about the chocolates! He even learned how to say Carrie's name and was a big fan! Latley, Benjamin hasn't been too fond of strangers or of giving hugs and kisses. He must have caught onto Carrie's and Ian's playful personailties because he showerd them in kisses( and drool, molars coming in) after she left he stood at the window and pointed. Carrie. gone. Carrie bye bye and cried...poor guy.
Who doesn't love playing with play-doh? Carrie probably hung out at our house for a total of 4-5 hours during her week stay in Grand Forks, we probably played play-doh 3.5 of those hours.
So. Many.KIDS
Hong Kong picture, apparently you do a peace sign, or hello kitty we were all confused as you can see
Worlds cutest couple. They took a nice picture and I said I was going to take one more and in sync they just struck this pose.
A few last baby SamSam snuggles before leaving.
Thanks for visiting Carrie!!! Can't wait to visit again in 2014!!

No comments:
Post a Comment