For the first time in 5 years I have felt somewhat like a normal family. Brandon sleeps all day and gets up at 4 so it is kind of like he is just getting home for the day at 4. Elias is in school 5 days a week and Annie 3 days and they both have activities throughout the week. This means that every Saturday and Sunday, life slows down. There is no rush to get Elias on the bus or get Annie ready for school. No worries about who has what activity when and how are they going to get there. After 5 years I have a sense of normalcy to our not so normal life. I try to spend Saturdays doing cleaning and projects. The kids destroy the house in the morning and we clean it up before lunch, after lunch I like to do fun projects until it is time to wake up daddy! Our weekends have been so relaxing and fun since daddy switched to Mids!
As we all know, it is fall and this means leaves, pumpkins and Halloween. Last week we got another surprise craft box in the mail from Aunt Nikki! The kids had a lot of fun putting together their Halloween stick puppets and putting on a puppet show...well half of them at least. Samuel just hung out in the other room practicing his rolling over( not successful yet) and Benjamin ate the foam pieces, BUT Annie and Elias had a wonderful time! The pieces were all made of foam and had paper backing that you had to peel to assemble, so the kids even got some fine motor skill work while we were at it.
After craft time, I decided to try to make cookies. I couldn't decided what to make or how to let the kids help, so in a panic I just decided to make sugar cookie dough color it orange and yellow and make a giant candy corn cookie, sounded fun right? The before was great! The colors were vibrant and it really looked like a candy corn. Samuel woke up and was super hungry so I fed him, and burnt the crap out of the candy corn cookie:( I was so sad that you couldn't even tell what it was. I then remembered that we had while frosting in the fridge left over from Annie's cake, so I colored that, and frosted the cookie, phew crisis avoided. The cookie tasted more like a over dried cake but the kids loved it and it looked neat so win win in my book.
Today is Saturday once again and only time will tell what our craft projects will be. Annie has requested finger painting so perhaps we will find a fun fall themed finger painting craft...ooo maybe something with all these leaves outside. Any ways, thanks again Aunt Nikki for the fun craft projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment