I just went back and read what I posted about here celebration day 1 and I need to actually apologize. Writing has never been my strength but man, it was awful in the last post. In my defense, I am usually frantically trying to type while the kids are peaceful which we all know never lasts long. Anyways, I will try to do better today.
Day two of Annie's birthday celebrations took place on Sunday at Red River Valley Gymnastics! Annie got to wear her new leo and her Dyno Mini's coach, Jenna was there as well! She had a TON of fun! We started off doing organized stuff but with the ages of kids we had, it just kinda turned into open gym. With the price of the party, we had three RRVG coaches that were on hand to help wrangle kids, this was great being as I have 4 kids and everyone else that was there had at least two. The kids played, ran, jumped and pretty much just all had the time of their lives! We did the whole pizza, cupcake thing then played for a bit longer then it was time to call it quits.
I did something new this year that I don't normally do, I asked people to not bring gifts. This has been something that I have contemplated doing for the last several birthdays in our house and this is why: We have 4 kids with spread out birthdays. If you are getting invited to 4 parties a year( plus Christmas) that is a lot of presents you are shelling out for our kids. I don't want to get to the point where our friends don't want to come to the kids parties because they are over buying gifts every three months. The other main reason is that we have a small house and we are limiting the amout of toys that come into it. We are trying to get our kids to want less stuff and really appreciate each gift they get. The other not so important but did factor, reason, was time and chaos at the actual party.
So, there you have it, after cupcakes and a few more play minuets, we packed up and headed out, the gym took care of the clean up...awesome!
We got back to our house and had cake and ice cream with a couple more friends who couldn't make it to the party and Grandma. Annie got to open her presents at home and had a grande time doing so! I have so many pictures from her festivities that I couldn't post them all on the blog so pretty much just posted ones of Annie and grandparents. I did put the rest of the pictures on shutterfly. I have cute ones of pretty much everyone who attended the party so you should browse them.
You can see the entire album here:
https://eberhardtfamily.shutterfly.com/photoalbums#:albumId=11686
(scroll all the way down to the bottom for the album)
It was a fun but exhausting afternoon and evening. We all turned in early since it was a school night and the next day was Annie's big bday!
No comments:
Post a Comment