Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Back to Sewing

I have a shopping problem, I think this has been made obvious by the fact that I don't need to shop for four growing kids for the next year! Part of my shopping addiction was JoAnns I loved finding a good deal of fabric for a project I just knew I would have time for. Well, shockingly enough I have several bins of fabric that I was going to make clothes, gifts etc with,just sitting taking up space. One of the things I was most excited for about my no shopping challenge, was finding time to make all those projects without the temptations of throwing other projects into the mix.
Samuel is now consistently sleeping through the night and the big kids are consistently waking up at 6:30am so I now know that if I stay up to sew until midnight I will still get 6.5 hours of sleep. Knowing that I can control how much sleep I will get had made getting back into the swing of sewing so much easier! I have only done two of my projects but I was pretty excited about it!

Update: i forgot about the leggings I made first. This may surprise you, but they were from a make it love it tutorial: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/09/super-simple-leggings-only-2-fabric-pieces.html

The first project I had was a ruffle skirt out of a long sleeve tee. I have made this before and Annie absolutely loved her last one, it was getting too small so I made another. On a side note I am not a fan of this look, nor do I like the gathering that is necessary to make it but she loves it and I had the fabric so there you have it.


These tube skirts I am OBSESSED with! They were fun, and super simple to make and oh.my.word. ADORABLE. You can make them long or short and for a kid or adule. LOVE THEM!!
 http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2013/08/30-minute-stretchy-tube-skirt-with-enclosed-elastic-waistband.html




I also made a super duper quick super hero cape for Elias. I am making him a real one with a logo and such for Christmas but this is a super easy solution when your little man see you sewing away for his sister and wants a cape.... by morning.
http://www.howdoesshe.com/super-hero-cape/


I have 9,560 projects left so I forsee a lot of sewing projects in my future. Speaking of, anyone have any great uses for fleece? I bought a TON of girly fleece fabric( 4-5 yards total) to make pj's sleep sacks and dresses for my little girl, who turned out to be a little boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment