Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Field Trip

A week ago, Elias' kindergarten class took their first field trip out to Nelson's Pumpkin Patch! The teachers asked for parent volunteers and I jumped at the opportunity to help out. My mom is not working thanks to the government being shut down so she was able to watch the two little boys while my dad carted Annie to and from pre-school. Have I mentioned how nice it is having both sets of Grandparents in town?
Anyways, after I was childless, I headed out to the patch to meet Elias' class! It was a beautiful October day, the sun was shining at is was mid 60's. In October in ND, it is really hit or miss with the weather and we really lucked out. The kids were split into groups with adults and we were able to wonder the patch free for the first hour. My group started off with all the fun games that are at the front of the pumpkin patch. We took a trip down the spooky trail and wandered through the corn maze. Before we knew it, it was time for lunch. We all had a picnic lunch on the lawn and it was very yummy! The kids were able to run off some of that lunch time energy playing before it was time for the hay ride. All the kids really enjoyed the tractor ride and it was fun to see Elias interact with his classmates and to see them all enjoying the little things in life.
After the hay ride, they all got to pick out a pumpkin, which we will be turning into a jack-o-lantern tonight, and headed back to the bus. It was a short few hours but very fun filled, and I will definitely be signing up for any future field trips!
















No comments:

Post a Comment