I thought I did this post already, but I guess I forgot! This year we have been so lucky and have actually had a great fall. I think if your surveyed people, you would find that Fall is the favorite season, at least around here. The air is crisp, the leaves are changing colors and falling to the ground and at night it smells of freshly lit fireplace fires. You can go outside in just a sweatshirt and jeans and be cozy and comfortable. I love letting the kids run through the leaves and sit back letting the sun shine on my face as I try to soak up every last bit of warmth before the hard cold winter comes knocking on our door. One of my favorite memories as a kid was watching my dad rake up the massive amount of leaves near our home in Virginia then running full speed and jumping in them, I think most people have those memories! Usually I look for that one day between the 80 degrees and the first blizzard where this can actually happen, this year we have had several nice leave jumping days and it has been just wonderful! The other day, I got out the camera to try to capture the absolute joy that comes across the kids faces when they get to play in the leaves.
There is a little boy who lives behind our house and he is only a year or so older then Elias, he likes hanging out sometimes if the guys are playing ball, riding bikes and what not. He even helped rake up all the leaves!!!
Favorite picture of the season so far!!!!!
We were given quite a few apples from the Grafs. In addition to apple product making, the kids enjoyed watching daddy juggle them, then of course we all ate them!
Doesn't Benj just look so grown up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment