Apple Apples Everywhere!!! Two years ago, when I was pregnant with Benjamin, our neighbor dropped off two big bags of apples! I went to town making apple pie,apple crisp, apple everything you could think of! I thought I had a lot of apples back then, you see see the amount of apples I had to work with this year! The Graf's dropped off a big box of delicious apples then a couple days ago, we walked to our neighbors house and picked apples off her tree! Apples coming out of my ears I tell you. I have had two apple making days and at least one more is in order. I started off making baby apple sauce for SamSam.
Just cut up the apples, steam them and puree them with a bit of breast milk quick and easy! I also made a few apple tidbits, first finger foods for him. The more apples I get for free the more my little man gets free finger foods, I love fall!
I then made some adult apple sauce. I found a super easy recipe and just used it x 8.
In my batch I will be super careful to get all the peel off the apples before cooking. I will also add a bit of the cooking water to the mix, it was rather chunky and I am not a huge fan of chunky applesauce. Overall it was very delicious!
We started off the second apple fest day by going over to Carrolls house and picking some apples. The kids loved it and Benjamin was just picking the apples and putting them right into his little mouth.
I whipped up a couple of apple pies( using pre-made crusts) some apple bread and some apple pancakes.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-bread-2/ Apple Bread
I still have almost an entire box of apples left so on Brandon's next day off I will be making lots more applesauce a couple more pies and breads! My neighbors will all be getting homemade goodies from me. I am also going to whip up some more of those delicious pancakes yum!
Thanks again Grafs for supplying the apples for Apple fest 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment