2 pairs PJ pants for Annie,
2 tunics for Annie
1 skirt for Annie
3 dresses for Annie
4 super hero capes for the kids
1 sleep sack for baby
convert 8 diapers to snaps from velcro !
All of this happening during nap and night time. I am impressed with myself. I still have mounds, and I mean mounds of projects to finish but I am in a phase where I am enjoying sewing so I am running with it ( sometimes I get to resenting it when I feel like I have to be doing it). I am hoping on Brandon's next set of days off to get a few more projects done! I have a couple maternity outfits to try to make for me and some matching dresses for Annie and the new baby, you know, the one who's gender we don't know.....
I took a bunch of pictures today of some of the things so I just made them into a collage.
Since I just know that everyone who reads this is dying to re purpose/make new little girl clothes, here are all the tutorials.
Top Left: Long sleeve T, into a dress, its a little short so more like a tunic http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/11/re-purposing-long-sleeved-tee-into.html
Hand me down shirt from Gavin that I re-purposed into a sleeveless tunic, it's too short to be a stand alone dress but Annie didn't feel like getting leggings to model it as a tunic. This was the tutorial I went off of but I made quite a few changes, or rather just out a bunch of steps:http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/08/re-purposing-boys-button-up-into-girls.html
Middle Right: This was actually a maternity tutorial but it works for little girls too! http://diymaternity.com/dresses/maternity-empire-waist-dress-by-maggie-of-smashed-peas-and-carrots/
Bottom Left: one of my old long sleeve tee shirts that I made into a dress. I did the neck a little different and made a matching headband, but this is the tutorial: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/07/re-purposing-tshirt-into-a-dress-with-braided-collar.html
And last but not least, world's easiest skirt: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2012/08/elastic-band-skirt-aka-the-fastest-skirt-youll-ever-make.html

No comments:
Post a Comment