Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Part 1

This year for Easter we had double the fun. We celebrated with Brandon's mom on Saturday evening and my family on Sunday evening. Brandon worked all day on Saturday, so once he got home it was a mad rush to get to his mom's in time for dinner. The kids ran in the house and tore apart their Easter baskets before I had even taken off my shoes! I got a few pictures of the aftermath but none of the action shots I am accustomed to taking. We sat down to dinner and in true fashion, the kids flew through their dinner then ran off to play while the adults took turns tending to their play needs and attempting to enjoy their dinner as well.
 Elias was pretty excited about his train
 Annie checking out all of her Easter basket goods. Do you like her outfit? She picked it out herself. It kinda matches in a weird way don't you think?
 Benjamin sitting down to his first real Easter meal, last year he was only a few months old and didn't enjoy the food.
 Elias and Annie at the kids table. Annie was in the process of eating her body weight in mashed potatoes while Elias was not eating at all....shocking, I know
Benjamin got tired of being alone in his chair and refused to eat, until Daddy picked him up, then he ate everything in sight!

After dinner, I parked my butt on the lazy boy and ate candy. Brandon, Jordan and Kellie took turns playing with the kids while Mim and Jeff cleaned up the dinner mess. After some play time, Grandma gave the kids baths and it was time to head home. It was a pretty rushed evening given the short time frame we had to work with but it was fun none the less. Too bad I didn't get more pictures, you know how I love my pictures! Oh well, maybe next year!
HAPPY EASTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment