We moved into our lovely 1444 sq ft home in July of 2008. We had one 3 month old bouncing baby boy and a ton of extra space and storage. Well fast forward 5 years and here we sit with 3 kids and a 4th on the way. Each child we have, we have thought about moving out of our house and into something bigger. It always seemed to make the most sense to just stay here...until this pregnancy.
We only have 3 bedrooms, one being ours. We only have a 1 car garage, we have no fenced in yard, we have a small kitchen..all of this and we are about to bring a 4th child into this small space. We we went out looking I found lots and lots of thing wrong with bigger houses, not the right neighbor hood, way too many updates needed, bad layout, and the list just went on. Then I looked at our house. I love this house, I have loved this house from the day we looked at it for the first time. We live across from a huge field and park, we have awesome neighbors, awesome location,we don't have to do yard or maintenance work and it was move in ready when we moved in. The ONLY problem is the size. Brandon and I had a long talk and after a difficult decision ,, we have decided to stay put for awhile longer.
Our parents, most of them anyways, probably had just as many if not more kids in smaller spaces. It is hard not to keep up with the constant need to feel like we need more. More space, more toys,more money more more more. The bottom line is we love this house and our kids love each other, they don't mind sharing a room, in fact I tried to tell Elias that he and Annie might have separate rooms and that lead to complete meltdowns. We have limited the number of toys we keep and purchase and the kids are doing just fine using their imaginations and playing with the toys they have, and of course each other! We are in the process of getting rid of our storage space( so everything is in one place) and organizing pretty much every room in this house.
As we go through, figure out how to do it and what we need to git rid of, it is feeling great! We have SO MUCH stuff that we were keeping simply because we had space for it, not because it was ever used. We plan to have a garage sale in a month and everything that doesn't sell is going right to goodwill, not being brought back into the house! It feels good to get rid of all this crap and just hang onto the things we really love/need. The kid's room has more space then ever and the house feels less cluttered already, I can't wait to see what we end up with. In the meantime, you can find be cleaning out a closet or scouring pintrest for the next awesome organizational idea!
We have 10 weeks before baby comes to get this house organized and ready to welcome baby #4. Let the countdown begin!
One of the things I love best about this house, is the different views I get out of our front window every morning and evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment