Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Professional B-Ball Player

On Thursday, the Harlem Ambassadors came to town to play the Grand Forks Police Department and Brandon got to be on the PD team! I wish I could tell you the charity that it was for, but honestly this was the most poorly advertised event ever that I'm not even sure. The Ambassadors are former college basketball players who are drug free and have earned their college degree. They do some ball tricks, similar to the globetrotters but mainly just a lot of dunking and interactive things with the audience. 

There were mixed feelings on the event. My kids ( and me) really enjoyed it. Other then it being a sad turnout( due to the terrible advertising attempt) it was pretty fun. Others thought it was cheesy but it was for the kids so don't you kind of expect that? Anyways, Kellie's boy was playing in the game to so we all headed to Red River to watch the big event. Elias had the start to a cold and Benjamin was still teething but all was going well for the first 45 min. Daddy thought it would be a special treat to have candy for the kids but after they all ate way too much things started to go downhill. Elias has a really sensitive gag reflex, every time he used to get the sniffles he would puke everywhere from the gunk in his throat. The candy gooey-ness and the stuff from being sick was making him gag alot and Kellie and I thought he was going to loose it any second. Benjamin was up way past his bed time and was just done. Right before halftime, Grandma helped me pack the kids in the car and we headed home. Poor Annie cried the whole way home( all two blocks) crying for her daddy saying that he hurt her heart...talk about hurting mammas heart!

Once we got home, Benjamin was on crack, legit candy crack! He found the mop and broom and was running around like a possessed person while Annie cried her eyes out for her daddy and Elias cough while holding back the vom...gong show for sure! I managed to get the crack head Benj down once the sugar wore off. I decided to let Annie stay up to see her daddy and Elias did manage not to puke, so I guess the evening was a success. 
Crazyness aside, it was a fun evening and most important of all, the kids really enjoyed seeing daddy playing basketball!


The more people you have in a picture, the harder it is to get them all to smile at the same time!
Daddy and Benjamin before the game. Yes Benjamin is wearing pj's I was delusional enough to think he would pass out on the car ride home and go straight to bed.
Brandon's basketball team
Kellie and the kids...those noise reducing headphones have sure come in handy!
Benjamin felt like standing...on Kellie
We also learned that it was ok for Benjamin to eat popcorn. No chocking here

No comments:

Post a Comment