A couple of weeks ago we headed out on our 2nd official home school field trip! Brandon has been a police officer since 2007 and I have never taken a tour of the police station and none of our children,other than Elias, had ever been to the station. I am part of a home school Facebook group and I invited all members to come join us for the tour. So many people were interested we had to add a second tour time!
We got to the station before everyone else and greeted people as they came in. Brandon was very tired but stayed up long enough to give our group the tour. Before we walked around, all the kids sat down with Brandon's friend Jess and got a very informative presentation on all aspects of policing.
After Jess was done with her talk, Andrew came in and brought Shelby! She was the highlight of both tours and Andrew did a great job! Shelby caught a ball he tossed to her and all the kids cheered, like they had never seen a dog get a ball! I guess it was how sharp she was at it, but I do have to say, it was rather cool! After the excitement of Shelby was over we started the guided tour.
pretty handsome tour guide if I do say so myself
Brandon took us around to several areas of the police station and made the tour as informative and interactive as possible. The kids climbed around a cop car, got fingerprinted( just one kid) and got to ask lots of questions! Brandon had a blast hanging out with kids and adults who actually liked police officers as opposed to the people he usually deals with, which aren't too happy to see him.
After the tour, we took some pictures with our wonderful tour guides and hit the road. Papa treated us to McDonald's while Brandon finished up at the station. All the kids had a great time and we actually learned quite a bit! I guess that is what happens when a trivia buff with a history degree gives a tour!
LOVE( PS the kid in the background isn't mine, just in case you were wondering)
No comments:
Post a Comment