Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Annie's Birthday Festivities Part 3 GIRLS TRIP

Earlier this year, my oldest sister, Nikki, called me up and said " Hey, how about we meet in Minneapolis for Annie's birthday" I said " Um, girls trip...awesome!"  Nikki wanted to get Annie an American Girl doll as a gift and the perfect place to do that is at the American Girl Store.
Annie, Grammy and I packed up the ole mini van and hit the road around noon on the Thursday after her birthday. We forgot to eat lunch( the trip was already off to a fantastic start on my part) so we hit up McD's on the way out of town. We stopped once in Alexandria for a bathroom and stretching break. Annie got very bored and plowed through a plethora of things I had brought to entertain her. Movies, coloring, books, color wonder, Elsa doll, you name it we did it. Finally we convinced her to take a nap and she fell asleep for about 45 minuets. The last part of our drive turned very frustrating when we hit stand still traffic and it took 30 minuets to go 4 miles! We were supposed to pick Nikki up from the airport but she took the hotel shuttle and beat us there! After all that driving, we had worked up quite an appetite so we hit up Chevy's for dinner then walked it off at Ikea. I was plotting a major Ikea buy while I was there and wanted to look at some stuff in person. In case you are wondering, the store is pretty calm on Thursday evening, the same can NOT be said for Saturday! After Ikea, Nikki and I took Annie to the hotel pool. Nikki picked an awesome hotel that had kid friendly water activities! To top it all off, I got to soak in the hot tub! It seems like anytime its an option to go in a hot tub, I am pregnant, not this time whoop whoop!

Back at home, Daddy was holding down the fort for a few hours. He had class so Grandma Mim came over to watch the kids while Uncle Jordan took Elias to soccer. It is nice to have so much help!
 Annie got a card right before we left! Thanks Grandma Mary! Annie was able to use her birthday money from Grandma Mary, Nana and Aunt Jo to buy a couple more outfits for her doll, she was pretty excited!












Bedtime Selfie! I usually go to bed between 11-midnight, this trip I was asleep by 10:30 every night. The benefits of sharing a room with a 5 year old!

Stay tuned for Day 2 of the trip, the visit to the American Girl Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment