Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Annie's Birthday Festivities Part 4, The American Girl Store!

Friday morning, we woke up bright and early to get ready to go to the Mall of America! We headed downstairs, had a very well balanced and healthy breakfast( sarcasm). We got to the mall slightly before  it opened and hung out at a very conveniently located Starbucks until the stores opened. Annie got very impatient so Nikki walked around with her a little bit and finally it was the big moment! Annie walked around the store for awhile and finally decided on a Bitty Baby twin, but she only wanted one because she didn't want a boy doll. She picked out her doll then we spend the next 30 minuets deciding on what accessories to buy Jessica Jade, or JJ as she is affectionately known as.
















The next stop on our shopping spree was the LEGO store, my mom stocked up on Christmas gifts for the kids and I bought the boys a small "I'm home" gift. Annie and Aunt Nikki hung out by the LEGO stations and Aunt Nikki got roped into baby sitting while Annie played. Oddly enough, there was another little girl there, also 5, also wearing the same dog dress as Annie, what are the odds! We visited the Disney store, where Annie proceeded to sing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs for the store to hear, then headed to the hotel to drop off our loot before going to the outlets.



 We stopped for lunch then made our way to the outlets. I didn't NEED anything, per-say, but I ended up with lots of kids clothes and great prices for the boys and of course for Annie! We came home and relaxed before we went our separate ways for dinner, Oh, but first, Elias and Annie face timed and it was the cutest thing ever!! They were genuinely excited to tell and hear about each others day. They are the best of buds. Annie, my mom and Aunt Nikki went to The Rainforest Cafe for dinnerwhere Annie was treated to a birthday song and dessert. They ended their evening in the pool, of course! I was picked up by Michelle and Chad and we went out to dinner in St Paul, it was very delicious and I even got to enjoy a couple glasses of wine and didn't have to worry about flinging silverware or food dropping on the floor! It was a wonderful evening with two friends who I do not see nearly enough of!





Day two was a huge success! Back at home, Brandon and the kids had a good day from what I hear, I'm sure it was filled with silly games, fast food and lots of superhero LEGO marvel play. That night, Brandon played in a charity basketball game and Kellie took Benjamin and Elias to watch him play. In similar form to last year, both ate too much candy and Benjamin was sugar drunk again. Good thing it was Kellie who got to deal with him:) Thanks for taking them!





No comments:

Post a Comment