Last week we headed out to Nelson's Pumpkin Patch for our 6th annual trip! We went with the home school field trip group and it was perfect weather, and best of all, we were the only group there! Originally Brandon was supposed to go with us, but due to weather it got rescheduled to a day he couldn't go. His school and work schedule is so tight and we both refuse to go on a weekend( been there done that!) that we decided I would just take the kids by myself. I was feeling a little under the weather but knew this would be our only shot to get out to the patch this year. I couldn't let my babies down!
The kids behaved great, listened well and it was a pretty easy time for this sick pregnant mom!
We got there, met up with the group and played all the games at the front. The kids instantly got their gloves wet but that's ok because it really warmed up and we didn't need them anyways!
We paid, and picked out our pumpkins, dropped them off in the car and headed to the main attractions.
The kids had a great time playing with some of their homeschool friends and pretty much just having free reign over the play area. Usually I would be much more strict on staying together and not running from thing to thing but we were the only group there and there was maybe 30 of us total! It was great! Samuel found the silo filled with corn and he was content just playing and playing in there!
After 45 minuets of playing, a quick snack and about 100 pictures, we headed to the "easy" corn maze.My only complaint about this trip was the ground, it had rained the day before and it was muddy, especially in the maze. Thankfully our maze wandering was cut short for the truck ride. The kids loved it as usual and this year they had a minion decorated hay bale it was cute and the highlight of the trip.
Our last stop was the not so spooky path. The kids ran up on the hay stacks and had fun going from station to station reading about spookly the square pumpkin. Samuel and Benjamin were especially happy to SEE spookly at the end of the trail! The other families were planning on staying awhile longer but I was just done. My back hurt and I was really not feeling well. Thankfully my kids were great listeners and didn't put up a fuss when I told them we had to leave. It was a very successful couple of hours at the patch! Its funny what a difference a year makes, last year I could have never imagined taking 4 kids alone and this year I didn't even bat an eye at the thought. Annie and Elias are sure great helpers!

No comments:
Post a Comment