Sunday, October 18, 2015

Nursery Project 5

Just when I thought I was done with painting, my wonderful friends offered me this FREE IKEA Expedit, um HECK YES!!!! Remember that $100 changing table I was going to buy? Now I don't have to! As soon as the offer was extended, I decided to paint it, add feet to make it higher and use it as a changing table/toy storage area. It was all I could hope and dream for!!!!!!! If you can't tell I was just a wee bit excited about this surprise addition to my nursery. I got the room set up for one more go around with painting and got to work. I did 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint since the wood was so dark to begin with. I went online and for once I was able to buy an IKEA product that didn't cost a fortune to ship! I purchased 2, 2 drawer units to go in the spaces where the Graf's already had 2 door units added.
I headed out to find baskets to go on the ends, I knew I didn't want canvas ones because those lose shape so quick but beyond that, I had no idea what I was looking for. Well what do you know but right there in the target kids section was these sturdy big baskets that were the EXACT colors of my nursery!!! I bought four and came home to set up my unit!
I absolutely love the way this is all turning out! I purchased a lamp, changing pad and covers and a few other items, and it came together just the way I imagined. Thanks again to the Graf's for the wonderful donations to Baby Boy's nursery!!!!


Ta-Da!!


No comments:

Post a Comment