Sunday, October 11, 2015

Annie turns 6, part 2

Due to scheduling conflicts, we couldn't do Annie's official party on her birthday, we had to do it the day after. Despite this, we still tried to make her day as special as possible!
Annie woke up bright and early and helped make muffins for her special breakfast. She then stood by the door eagerly awaiting daddy's return from work so she could open a gift. 

Daddy FINALLY got home and Annie tore into her first gift. I got her a duffle bag from pottery barn kids with her name on it. I stuffed it full of a new leo and ballet clothes/shoes. With with winter coming she needs something to shove all her clothes in while she is at gym and ballet. She loved it!

Since it was his baby girl's 6th bday, Brandon stayed up almost the whole day and did lots of fun things with Annie while I watched Samuel. First up, swim lessons! Brandon and Benjamin played while Annie and Elias had swim lessons. Brandon dropped the boys off then took Annie to meet his mom and brother for a special Green Mill lunch!


After Green Mill, Brandon took a nap with Benjamin( he had been up for almost 24 hours at this point) and Annie and I hung out. I got her ready for gymnastics and we took some pictures of her in her new leo, per the birthday tradition!

Annie took fruit and mini cupcakes to gymnastics and had a great time at practice, getting out of conditioning and eating snacks with her friends! We got home from gym in time for a super quick dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, per the birthday girl's request. After dinner, Annie opened her last gift from us, A caboodle filled with makeup just for Annie! She wasted no time trying to apply a bunch but didn't get to put a full face on before she was yanked out the door for her last bday surprise, Hotel Transylvania 2!!



The older three went while Samuel and I cleaned up the mess and decorated the house for Annie's party the next day. I think Annie had a pretty great day! 

Letter to Annie: I would say that I can't believe that you are 6 but the truth is you still seem so much older than that! You are the biggest help a mother could hope for. You love your brothers and take care of each one of them. You have no problem helping with chores around the house and I never have to ask you more then once to clean up a mess. You are in first grade and a rock star student. I am constantly finding more school work to give you because you are almost half way through your first grade curriculum already, you love school and are so eager to learn you keep wanting to do more then you are supposed to in a given day. You are a busy busy girl with all of your activities. Your are in your last level of pre-team gymnastics and now practice almost 8 hours a week! You do ballet once a week as well as Tennis and swimming. You don't seem to ever tire and would be in basketball and soccer as well if we let you! You have such a strong desire to please that you like to point out if someone else is being naughty just so you can be praised, its a struggle but you are learning its ok not to be recognized every time you listen or help out. You are crazy, a free spirit, a girly girl through and through and a hopeless romantic. Thankfully now, only Jesus and daddy have captured your heart. I am so glad you love spending time with me and want to learn cooking, sewing and knitting. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. I cant wait to see what this next year brings, I love you baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment