When you have your first baby it seems that almost immediately people start asking you when are you going to have another one. I always found this odd being as there is probably no bigger adjustment one makes in their life then going from a couple to a family. You are getting no sleep you have a muffin top and haven't brushed your hair in a week and someone has the nerve to ask if you are ready for another one...are they on crack??
After baby # 2 people again as "so are you ready for another one" again I found this odd as you have a wild toddler running around perhaps potty training and a newborn in your arms..do I look ready?
( I must admit I a probably guilty of both of these)
( I must admit I a probably guilty of both of these)
Then you have baby # 3 and people go from ask "when are you having another baby" to " You are going to have more kids?! Did you get your tubes tied after you had him?, maybe you should be done" I don't ever take any of these comments personally since most people are sane and don't enjoy being run ragged from kids but I am a glutton for punishment(and adorable children) and I can't imagine my life where I decide when I am done having kids.I will never have to worry should we have had one more before my husband got "fixed".
I don't talk religion pretty much ever on here but being a traditional catholic we have decided to leave the number and spacing of our kids in God's hands and so far so good. Yes Annie came sooner then we had planned but we survived and she and Elias are the best of friends. Its funny to me that people are so encouraging when you have one and two kids and encourage you to have more but once you hit number 3 oh how peoples attitudes change. Just for the record if we were the plan our life ourselves kind we would still probably have 5 kids. If we don't have any more kids its not because we suddenly changed our tune, its because God decided the Eberhardts were good to go and if I run into you after my 5th kid don't assume that I am done having kids or that I don't know that birth control exists..I know I just choose not to use it
Not any easier when you just have one kid and people think you should have more than one. We don't have fertility problems...we just chose to only have one and yes we are sure we don't want "just one more". Oh and our son relishes being an only child, he does not wish he had a brother or sister. Someone will always have an opinion no matter what you do!
ReplyDeleteAmen sista
ReplyDelete