Tuesday, November 10, 2015

{Mostly} Finished Nursery

After what feels like months of planning, I am happy to say that the nursery is mostly done!!!!!! 
At first I was going to do a gender neutral nursery in teal and navy and add lime green if it was a boy and pink if it was a girl. We decided to find out the sex so we went ahead and made it a nursery fit for a boy! Besides, we seem to only have boys so odds are, if there are any more babies..it will be boys!
After settling on a color scheme, the first thing I did (after painting massive amounts of furniture white) is ask an awesome quilter friend to make me a quilt for baby! I love love love the way it turned out. It was more money then just buying a quilt set at the store but there is absolutely zero way I could have made it for cheaper myself. The fabric+ paying for the binding to be done alone would have set me over the price I paid to have Anna make it. Lets not even talk about the labor and quality of work. Anna was definitely the way to go on this project!!! It was beautifully done and I can not wait to wrap my little baby in it and take lots of pictures.
* Anna has a blog with some of her work. Should you ever need a custom quilt, I highly recommend her!!!!
(http://fresh-dew-drops.blogspot.com/)



After the quilt came, I was ready to start working on the rest of the nursery. I ordered changing pad covers and crib sheets all in aqua lime and navy blue. I ordered a couple of small wattage lamps, perfect for those late night changes as well as a few other odds and ends. Kellie was awesome enough to do it all help me make a print out of the prayer to your guardian angel which I really wanted a print of in the nursery. It was super simple to do( cause she is awesome at figuring out how to do things practically) and I love the way it turned out! Once baby has a name we will do some letters and hang those up on the wall opposite of the prayer. There are a few more wall spaces to fill and one more mobile project for me to do , but for now I am happy! The clothes, diapers and other necessities are all in their proper place and I am officially feeling ready for baby, after thanksgiving but before Christmas please:)




Its hard to get a good picture of the whole room! The dismantled swing won't stay there, I'm just smart enough to know the kids will be ALL over it if I set it up now!

Oh ya, I suppose I need to buy two more shades for the room too, well at least the brackets are already up:)




No comments:

Post a Comment