I am a couple weeks behind, but better late than never! Two weeks ago Brandon and I celebrated our birthday week! Brandon is now officially well into his 30's at the old age of 31 and I am a spring chicken at 34. I don't care much about birthdays, the thought of getting "older" has never bothered me. I will say when Elias said "Hey mom! In 6 years you will be 40 and I will be a TEENAGER", that got to me. Not because I will be 40 but because he will be a teenager ahhhh!!!! At least I have 6 years to dread that day!
Onto the birthday festivities! The middle of the week was veterans day which both Jordan and Mim had off of work. We decided that would be the best day to celebrate the festivities. After a pretty boring day, we headed to Grandma's for Spaghetti, cupcakes and ice cream! The kids had fun as usual and Brandon and I both got spoiled. Brandon got a fitbit( trying to be healthy), a new coat, some gift cards and a 2016 popcorn bucket!! I got a flash for my camera and a shutter release, hey now maybe I can be in some pictures! We got the other camera for the nursery and who can forget the cheese balls and home made tagalongs from Jordan!!! No one said I was trying to loose weight:)
It was a wonderful birthday celebration!
The next day was Brandon's birthday. He had the day off but had to teach so we tried to make it as special as we could for him. I took the kids to the store to get him a Caribou coffee and sushi so when he woke up he had caffeine and a yummy lunch! It was our first snow fall of the year and the kids were distracted wondering through the parking lot trying to catch giant snowflakes on their tongues. We must have been a sight!
After lunch, game time with the older kids and teaching, he came home to a nice homemade dinner of...hmm I don't even remember! Well after the amazingly delicious dinner, Brandon, Jordan and the 3 older kids went to see the new Peanuts movie in 3D. They got an additional treat by being in a very sparsely populated theater! It was a low key birthday, but at 31 with 2 jobs and a father of 4 soon to be 5, its to be expected. Happy Birthday Brandon!
We have been going to my parents house on Friday's for dinner. We decided that Friday the 13th would be a great day to celebrate over there our birthdays! I totally forgot my camera but once again we were spoiled with delicious food and gifts. My mom made her oh so amazing homemade mac and cheese and per my request Scotcharoos for dessert! I love that woman's scotcharoos! A month or so ago, she got us an early birthday gift, Benjamin's new red car seat! It made it so that we could go 3 wide in the back seat! I wasn't expecting anything else so both Brandon and were surprised with giftcards to Hornbacher's( for sushi) and Joanns for...whatever I please!
The kids played, I ate, fun was had by all!!!
Two days later it was my turn to celebrate! Brandon had to work but he sacrificed some serious sleep so I could have a free day. Annie had gymnastics pictures in the morning, Grandma Mim and Jeff were in town and came over to watch the boys so I could take here. This little sas a frass did great, until mom asked her for a picture. We have officially began the " you are embarrassing me" phase, oh joy. After pictures, Uncle Jordan came over to relieve Grandma and watch the older two while the little boys napped. Michelle happened to be in town and I got to have lunch with her, always a nice surprise!! I ate WAY too much food at Paradiso! After I got home and said my goodbyes to Michelle, Kellie came over and we went for a walk outside because it was darn near 60!!! We had such a warm November!! While we were gone, Brandon picked me up Olive Garden but I was still so full from Paradiso, I didn't eat it until the next day. The even was pretty relaxing, I started to not feel well and went to bed at 7 something!! Kellie was kind enough to get all my kids ready for bed and get them to sleep, because Brandon's Uncle surprisingly stopped by right when that was supposed to be happening. We are lucky to have so many people who love our babies ( and us) enough to always be helping!
It was a very fun filled 4 days of celebrating our birthdays! Thanks to all of our family and friends who made us feel so loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment