So since November 1st, I have been writing down little things that happen that remind me of the things I am thankful for I am thankful for the obvious; food, shelter, water, my family and friends but here is a bit more detailed list
November 1st: I am thankful for my four beautiful children's sleep habits. They all go to bed smoothly,sleep the whole night and wake at roughly the same time. With three kids in one room that is indeed a small miracle. Nap time is consistent and easy. It was not always this smooth of a process but we are getting good at this sleep training part of baby/child raising. The best part is going into their rooms before we turn in, tucking them in and kissing their sweet heads as they dream.
Two weeks after I wrote this, the kids all came down will illnesses that have lasted two weeks! Sleeping was all kids of crazy but thankfully, the last two nights we are back to good...phew, I thought I jinxed it
November 3rd: I am thankful for advice! Be it from friends or family, having someone you can ask for an opinion is such a wonderful resource. No matter if you are seeking advice on a major decision, like moving to the country, or asking what color shirt you should buy, it is nice to have people in your life you can trust to give you honest answers.
November 4th: I am VERY thankful for our children's wonderful grandparents!! They are all so wonderful I couldn't possibly list all of the things they do that I am grateful for! Driving kids to and from activities, babysitting, helping rock crabby kids to sleep, the list goes on and on and on and..well you get it. The support of grandparents is amazing! They say it takes a village to raise kids, it doesn't, it just takes wonderful grandparents!!!!
November 6th: I am thankful for my very hard working husband. School, work, cleaning, studying, baby-raising...his to-do list never ends! We appreciate him and his efforts very much and we wouldn't be where we are today with out his hard work and dedication to this family( and me telling him when and where to go, lets be honest he does the work but I am totally his Secretary!)
November 7th: I am thankful for my new found crafting skills. Knitting, sewing, cooking..ok not so much cooking, but I do try. It is a fun way to be creative without actually being artistic, cause I super suck at that!
November 8th: I am thankful for my husband's ability to turn anything into a game for the kids, especially chores.
November 9th: I am thankful for good coaches, they really can make all the difference to kids. Annie and Elias have been lucky enough to have pretty amazing coaches in their respective activities,which is probably why they love them so much. So Miss Jenna, Leigha, and Elias' various gymnastics coaches, if you ever read this...you guys are awesome!
November 10th: I am thankful for the Sunday's Jordan and Kristen have come over to watch the kids so I can sneak away and help out the all star cheer team in town.
November 12th:I am surprisingly thankful for Brandon being on the midnight shift. It allows Brandon to be home up and and about for the most difficult part of the day 4-6pm!
November 13th: I have said this so many times about this house but I am very thankful for the view out of my front window. It is a simple view but sometimes it is just so pretty! I see the seasons change before my eyes and I love it.
November 14th: I am thankful that after 7 years of marriage, my husband can still pull off a surprise on my birthday. It wasn't extravagant, but the new rugs, ironing board, measuring cups, clean living room, gift card and sweet letter were very unexpected when I woke up.
November 15th: I am thankful for my 3 sisters. We have lots of childhood memories together and although we don't get together that much as adults, it sure is nice when we can all get together, especially when it is at Disney World!!!!
November 16th: I am thankful for my new camera, I am obsessed, I think that is obvious
November 17th: I am thankful my kids love to clean, it makes life lots easier. The kids can trash the house in 30 min flat, it takes two hours to clean it all up BUT at least they are helping. I see official chore responsibilities in the very new future.
November 18th: I am thankful for all the "natural" illness products on the market. Elias pretty much always has a cold or ear infection, Benjamin isn't much better. With them being so young, traditional medicines aren't wise( or useful) so I am thankful they can find relief in Honey, Onion drops and other natural cold and cough products!
November 19th: I am thankful that I have the opportunity to attend mass, it is a luxury not all traditional Catholics have.
November 20th: I am thankful for Uncle Jordan! He is awesome, to see how awesome, please refer to a previous uncle Jordan post found here and here
November 21st: I am thankful for HEAT! It is cold here, like really cold!!!
November 22nd: I am thankful for modern technology. As someone who lived away from her parents for more than a decade, it was sure nice being able to communicate with them at will. To be able to take pictures and instantly share them is pretty great for grandparents and great grandparents as well!
November 23rd:I am very thankful for long time friendships.I would start naming you all but if I forgot someone, you would un-friend me and I just can't risk that! I am not a very social person and do not have a ton of friends. The ones I have, I have had for years and years. As someone who moved around a ton as a kid, it is great that I finally have "old" friends. Even thought I am scattered throughout the nation with most of them, it is great to get a phone call from one and pick up right where we just left off. Some I see every day,another once a month, some once a year and others not for years but you all have a special place in my heart!
November 24th: I am thankful for my house. It is small but is is filled with love, more like jammed packed but that is OK.
November 25th: I am thankful for special education services and therapists. Without these programs and therapists, Elias wouldn't be the awesome kid he is now. I am sure like many things your job is demanding, but know you are all SO appreciated!!
November 26th:Modern Cloth Diapers, we all know how obsessed I am with these, no need to rant on.
November 27th: I am thankful for Netflix. I know this is a weird thing but seriously, it is cool. I remember when I was about 10 my dad said" One day you will be able to turn on the TV and pick what you what to watch and what time you want to watch it at" Looks like dad was right!!!
November 28th: I am so very very very thankful for my family. I could gush on and on but I will wrap it up with a photo!







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment