Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy {29th,32nd} Birthday!

I sit here typing this on the 4th celebration of my 29th birthday, or in old people terms, I am 32 today!! Most years Brandon and I have extremely busy birthdays. With him in school, the kids, his job and when I used to coach at night, it was go go go. This year we are enjoying living a more calm life, now that I am not coaching! On Monday evening we went over to Brandon's mom's house to celebrate our birthdays! She made spaghetti and lasagna and we had cupcakes and opened up gifts! The kids had a absolutely wonderful time as did the adults. At one point Elias looked up from his plate full of spaghetti and shouted" Grandam, you make the best spaghetti!" Well that spaghetti ended up on my van floor just a short hour later! Elias' tummy went from happy to sick right quick and in a hurry. He got sick two more times after that and stayed home from school the next day. 
















As you might remember, last year, we had a burst pipe on Brandon's birthday. This year, he got to clean up throw up. Don't feel too sorry for him, you haven't heard about my birthday yet!
On Brandon's actual birthday he was awaken to 4 beautiful kids and a lovely wife singing happy birthday while holding homemade breakfast burritos...not a bad way to start the day! He ate, and came downstairs to see the house had been decorated from wall to wall in handmade cards listing all the things we loved about our daddy. During the week we also made Brandon a video of the things we loved about him. After breakfast,  he got his birthday wish. He was able to go to Scheels and spend all of his gift cards to buy a new pair of basketball shoes, a new ball and a new gym bag. We don't splurge on ourselves and when one of us does it was usually me, so this was a real treat for Brandon!
The rest of his actual birthday was spent relaxing with a sick Elias and munching on leftovers before he headed off to class for the night. I didn't get him a gift this year because I knew he would be able to buy everything he wanted with his gift cards, besides what gift could possibly be better then this video?


Now, onto my big day
I came downstairs this morning to a very clean house and a few nice surprises! In the corner was a very large wrapped gift, after starring at it wondering what the heck it could be, I realized, it was an ironing board!!! I have been sewing a lot lately and really needed a real ironing board, I just couldn't believe Brandon remembered. 1 point for the husband.  As I went about my morning, I noticed several other household goods that had been updated, new rugs for the downstairs bathroom, new measuring cups and spoons that he hung up to keep out of reach of children and new baking pans. Some women might be offended by all the "be a good woman" gifts, but I was truly excited for each one of them. He also gave me a very sweet card and letter with a gift card in in. More points for you my husband. Then my morning took a interesting turn. I will spare you the details ,but lets just say my ottoman is getting professionally cleaned tomorrow, and if the poop smells and stains don't come out, into the dumpster  you go! Brandon puke, me poop....ahhhh the life of parenthood.  Due to said pooping incident, I missed my gym trip but the kids and I had a busy morning and the time just flew by. Kellie stopped over and we chatted until it was time to wake up daddy. Daddy wake up time meant I was off duty for the day, another gift to me! My mom took Kellie and I out to Olive Garden then Kellie and I headed to Michales for some knitting supplies( gift card from Uncle Jordan, Thanks!). While at Olive Garden, my mom gave me my birthday gift, a new lens for my camera!!!!! I was SO excited, I can't wait to use it. After I returned home, I packed up Annie and we headed to gymnastics. I knitted while she tumbled:) When I arrived home, my gift from Mim was waiting for me, my blog books had arrived in the mail.  Best.Day. Ever!! The evening was filled with normal day to day stuff but I think it is still safe to say, this was a fabulous birthday!!!! I don't often make a list of things I want, but since starting this no shopping thing, there were several things I desired. I got every.single.thing on that list,as did Brandon! I feel a little spoiled this year and I have to be honest, for someone who doesn't really care about gifts, it sure was fun opening those packages!!! I guess I really am finding appreciation for things more now that I am not shopping at all( giving myself a pep talk, 3 months in and this no shopping thing isn't getting any easier!)
Anways, it was a wonderful few days filled with family, friends, food and a few bodily fluids! I can't wait for tomorrow night when we head to my parents house for our final celebration dinner, homemade Macaroni and cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday my sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment