Thursday, November 7, 2013

My New Obession

Every year, when Christmas season rolls around, I say to my self "Self, this year you are going to make everyone's Christmas' gifts" Then it gets closer and closer and I make a thing here or there but never to the extent I plan to. Well this year, out of necessity I am going to do it dog gone it! I have SO MUCH fabric and yarn I need to use up that All of my kids, and loved ones are going to be receiving something hand made. I know how to sew already, so doing those gifts is the easy part. I have been long wanting to learn how to knit and crochet and, finally after years ( and some help from my mom) I think I have the  hang of it. I have made ear warmers for both Annie and I as well as Annie some leg warmers for Ballet! Knitting and crocheting has become my new obsession! The absolute best part about it, is that I can take it out and put it away in a blink of an eye. Unlike sewing, I can get a lot accomplished without a  big mess. Hold on for a moment while my mind drifts away dreaming of a day when I can have a sewing room ......
Ok. I am back.
Anyways, don't be surprised this year if you find a nice ear warmer or scarf in you stocking from me. Yes, Jordan, that includes you too! I will be sure to make your's a nice manly color ...like purple or perhaps baby pink.


It is because of this new obsession that I have totally been slacking as a mom/wife/homemaker. Who wants to do dishes or laundry after the kids go to be when there is a leg warmer to make? Don't worry Brandon, Christmas is only 2 short months away, then you can have your good woman back, until then, during nap or bed, you will find me knitting (or sewing) away!

No comments:

Post a Comment