Stats: Elias had a follow up appointment two months ago for his leg braces. The wonderful thing about those appointments, is at the end, we get summary's which include the height and weight! He is 45 lbs(65%) and 4 feet tall (+97%)! He is growing like a weed, soon he will be taller then I am,but I think it will be awhile before he can catch up to his dad.
Health: He has been sick ALL YEAR! Like seriously, all year. Between the colds, the stomach bug and everything in between, he has already missed 6 or 7 days of school. Most kids go to school when they have a cold, however, Mr. Elias has world's most sensitive gag reflex so often a simple cold turns into throwing up :( I am really hoping this sickness trend ends soon because I am over it.
Obsessions: Still the usual, lego's lego's lego's. He is into Imginext toys and will be getting one for Christmas, so I foresee that as an upcoming obsession.
Activities: Elias wrapped up his 3rd soccer season in October. He has improved so much since his first season but most important, he seems to enjoy hanging out with his friends! He is still in gymnastics and seems to really enjoy that as well. As of November 2nd, Elias is also in skating lessons. Let me start by saying I strongly dislike the environment hockey has in this town and I really really would prefer if my children do not get into it, however this is Grand Forks ND and let's be honest, a kid needs to know how to ice skate if they are going to grow up here.
The first week was rough on Elias, like really rough. Brandon compared him to Bambi! Elias hated it! He begged to not go back. I told him that he couldn't just quit because it was hard and that he needed to give it a few more chances. We practiced walking around the house in his skates, had him switched to Annie's class and by the end of the 2nd week he loved it! It might have been my pep talk or it might have been world's best skating coach( Thanks Cassidy!) but Elias is now excited for Saturday's when he gets to go skating.
School: Elias is still loving school, I am still having my doubts but this is about him so let's just focus on that shall we. We had conferences last month and academically he is doing great. We are teaching him to read at home and he is doing really great at it, I think he is motivated by being able to read comic books but as long as he is excited about reading, that is a good thing. He loves the social aspect of school and seems to get along with his classmates. The bus picks him up at 7:30 am and drops him off at 3:30 pm so it is a long long day for both Elias and I which makes for some melt down style kind of evenings. He is doing well with his speech therapy and looks forward to Tuesdays when he gets to go to Mrs. Morton's room( special resource teacher). We have a re-evaluation in January and we will see if he still needs to be on an IEP or if he is deemed "normal" However the evaluation goes, I kind of just hope they let him keep his para the rest of the year, she is wonderful and it makes me feel so much better knowing he is getting additional support at school! Overall though, he is doing great!
Message to Elias: Elias, you have the best imagination I have ever seen! You can make a fantasy world out of pretty much any objects you see laying around. You are so creative and love to figure out how everything works. The combination of your endless imagination and constant wonder, is going to make for a very fun childhood! You love knowledge and will "argue" if someone tries to tell you something you know is false, like when the bus driver told you that your normal bus was in the hospital and you got upset because you knew that wasn't possible! You pay attention to every detail and never forget a thing, as illustrated by the fire alarm incident. I burnt some toast and it set off the smoke detector. You got to the floor, army crawled to the door, checked for heat, opened the door and waited outside. We tried our hardest not to laugh and we really were very proud of you, someone had their listening ears on during safety week.You are a wonderful big brother, and although you struggle with sharing sometimes, you really love your siblings. Benjamin's eyes just light up when you invite him into your room to play trains. You enjoy your friends and your family but we are most proud of how much you love Jesus. Keep on being the sweet boy you are my son, we sure do love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment