After we got back from Grandmas, we made a light lunch and put the little boys down for a nap. We watched TV, played Ticket to Ride and just relaxed for a couple of hours!!! Once the little boys woke,there was no more holding off the kids. It was present time!!!!! I do 3 gifts each and color code all of their presents so they all open their homemade gift at the same time, their secondary gift at the same time and their main gift at the same time. It also makes it so there is no disappointment and appreciation of each gift.
First up, the homemade gift. This year I made library totes. I loved the way they turned out and they have already been used SOOOOO many times. I included a couple books in each bag because we are a family of readers!
Next up, their small gift. I honestly don't remember what everyone got but the floof was a big hit. Check out Uncle Jordan's face while playing with it. It has been 4 months and not dried out. I would say it was a good purchase.
Last up, the main gifts! Samuel got a drill set, Benjamin got flight city play set, Annie got a new vanity and Elias got a Nintendo 3DS. I got most of the gifts via various online promotions leading up to Christmas. I couldn't believe how much cheaper Elias' 3ds was then the regular versions. He was 8 and had no clue he got the cheap version. Benjamins flight city play-set I also got for almost 60% off what it normally goes for. I had to stalk a website for an hour but I felt like a winner when I got one at the sale price! Winner winner chicken dinner for me!
Brandon and Jordan got to work setting up toys and assembling the vanity while I made dinner. The kids spend the rest of the day playing and eating and playing some more!
Christmas 2016 is officially in books. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment