Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Benjamin

Happy 5th Birthday Benjamin!!!
Here is the really sad part, I have NO idea what we did that day. Okay, maybe I have a small idea. I know you had preschool in the morning and we brought mini muffins that you picked out from Sams as a class snack. I am pretty sure Grandma or Daddy or Grammy picked you up from preschool and took you out to a special one on one birthday lunch. I don't know where but I am sure you loved it. The rest of the day is a bit fuzzy but clearly from the pictures we had family over for, at least cupcakes. Maybe pizza as well? This is why I try to keep up with this blog. You are going to read this when you are 17 and feel so unloved. Never again my son, I shall remember to blog about your birthday immediately following the party from now on!







 Nicholas didn't really get to have a birthday party either! Everyone was sick and there was a massive snow storm so no one came over. I am pretty sure we ate tomato soup and there wasn't even any cake to be had, poor 5th child. Benjamin was kind enough to share his cupcakes with his brother and so we did (eventually) get "babies first cupcake" pictures!




 Thankfully Grandma was on hand to do bath because that was one messy cupcake!!!


 Benjamin got lots of cool gifts for his 5th birthday. The big hits of the night were duplos!! Samuel and Benjamin have pretty much been LEGO and Duplo obsessed every since.

Message to Benjamin: Mr. Benjamin, you are the sweetest, funniest most logical 5 year old ever! You always know when I need a hug or an extra I love you. You often pay someone a compliment with no prompting or fishing. For example, Kellie was over today and you walked in the door, took one look at her and said" You look very pretty today Kellie" You do these kinds of things often. If someone does you wrong or something unjust has happened to you, you have no problem breaking down into sobbing and tears. You tend to yell really loud yet monotone when you get excited which is a very weird combination. You LOVE gymnastics, Legos, Hot Wheels and building things out of cardboard or wood. You can't wait for the weather to warm up to get rolling on your bike and spending hours outside. You are very capable of helping out your younger siblings or with cleaning, you simply choose not to unless forced. Sadly for you, 5 is kinda that age where being cute and young doesn't get you out of chores. You have been ready to be a big kid since the day you were born and can't wait for this summer to roam the neighborhood with the other big kids. After all you are 5 now and that is the age at which the moms and the dads let the big kids go...so you keep telling me. You are full of energy and love and I can't wait to see what this year brings us. We love you Benny-man!

No comments:

Post a Comment