Friday, April 8, 2016

Elias' Birthday Celebration, Part 1

The morning of Elias' birthday he woke up VERY excited,talking a million miles a minute and asking to open his family gifts. I managed to get him to eat breakfast and get dressed before I let him open his gifts from out of town family. Up first, Aunt Nikki's present. Elias is totally obsessed with Star Wars these days. Nikki was down in Florida and there was an entire store dedicated to Star Wars in downtown Disney. She bought Elias a Star Wars encyclopedia and two battle ships.He has been playing with them daily since then! In true Samuel fashion, he cried because the present wasn't for him...your b-day is next buddy!



After Aunt Nikki's gift, it was time to open cards from the great grand parents. Elias was SO excited to get birthday money from Nana AND Grandma Mary! 
*He has since combined his money and ( after putting 20% in savings) blown it all on Pokemon cards! He felt so grown up at Target taking out his wallet and buying his cards. When him and Brandon got home, he jumped out of the car holding the box above his head and kids came running from down the street and flocked to our porch where they all tore open the packages and immediately began trading. Thank you Grandma Mary and Nana for making this hysterically funny sight, possible*

Elias's bday fell on the weekend so after the morning gift opening, we headed outside to play in the warm sunshine. I took some pictures of my grown up 8 year old, and a few of the rest of the crazy crew! Sometimes I look in my backyard and find it hard to believe they are all mine. It really does seem like yesterday when I had just a fat baby Elias!

 After an hour or so outside, we came inside for a special McDonald lunch complements of Uncle Jordan. Elias then enjoyed some quiet time followed by neighborhood kid play time for the remainder of the afternoon. Around 5, I woke up Brandon and we got ready for family to come over to help Elias celebrate. My parents arrived with the pizza, which we promptly scarfed down, then we moved onto gifts. Elias was spoiled by everyone! He received so many Pokemon cards, star wars themed gifts and Disney Infinity characters he was in heaven. Let's not forget the massive LEGO set he had been eyeing ( thanks Grandma)  To top it off present opening, he also received Amazon gift cards from Grammy and Aunt Melissa. He got toys and money! This may surprise you but he has used part of his Grammy gift card for...POKEMON cards. Will this obsession ever end?



 After presents we did the whole happy birthday bit and Elias blew out 8 candles, how are you 8 already?!?! We enjoyed yummy cake, played, cleaned up and took pictures. As the evening was coming to an end, I decided to fight Brandon with his homemade light saber. Samuel was VERY concerned and even though Brandon and I were both laughing, Samuel got mad at me and thought I was hurting Brandon. Sad to say even though I had a  giant pole, Brandon could take me out without much effort, it was sweet to see Samuel so concerned for daddy's safety though.





Happy Birthday Elias! Stayed tuned for his first ever friend b-day party post!




No comments:

Post a Comment