Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easter 2015

A couple weeks late on this post, but better late then never! We had been having warm weather in the week leading up to Easter, but in true North Dakota Fashion, the winds changed and Easter Sunday was breezy and cold! I have made Annie's dress every year since she was two and this year I had lost all motivation...until Good Friday. I panicked, I didn't want to ruin what would be her 4th homemade Easter dress. I had some fabric that I hadn't used and I whipped us up some outfits. On Saturday, Grammy( my mom) met me at Old Navy and we found some matching gray tops for the boys and boom we were a matchy matchy Easter family!

Not that any of that really matters, but at least you know the oh so important back story of all of our outfits:) Easter morning the kids got up and had to endure the torture of waiting to open Easter baskets until Daddy woke up( just an hour or so). By the time he woke up , they were so ready to get their first taste of Easter candy. I wasn't even going to do Easter baskets this year but I was at Target the day before and the kids needed new play-doh and then I saw the Angry bird eggs ( you know the ones from Disney collector, whom my kids are obsessed with!) Target was having a sale blah blah blah, so , small Easter baskets they all got. After opening up their trinkets and sneaking a few pieces of candy, it was time for some pictures! We did the best we could but between Benjamin who doesn't smile on cue, Samuel who will look anywhere but the Camera, Elias who's smile gets goofier and goofier the longer he stands, and me, who is terribly NOT photogenic....we are happy everyone is at least kinda looking! Uncle Jordan did a great job taking 3,000 pictures, of which 2 kinda look good( we are a special family). We headed to Grandma's house for breakfast and more goodies!
\




As soon as we got to Grandmas house we all chowed down. I think I had 3 bagels plus all the other fixings...why do I love bagels so much?! Anyways, everyone ate a very large and yummy breakfast and we were stuffed! After clean up, the kids got to open their baskets and Samuel was in pure delight as he opened each egg and gobbled up one piece of candy after another. The kids got more play-doh, , can you tell what we like playing with around here, and lots of candy! We attempted to take more pictures, although at this point Samuel was just really mad his candy had been taken away so he wasn't having it. The kids were brave enough to go outside and happily played for almost an hour when I dragged them in frozen hands and noses to head home for nap.












This year, Easter dinner was at my house! I made a ham, cheesy potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and my mom brought rolls, deviled eggs, homemade mac and cheese and all the easter egg hunt stuff! The prep for dinner was kinda crazy, I have a small kitchen and one oven and everything seemed to need to be cooked at the same time but due to some math and extra long resting time for the Ham, we got it all cooked and served hot! I am truly following in my mothers footsteps, I took corn out, put it in the microwave and forgot about it! I can not tell you how many random holidays and dinners this has happened at! Like mother like daughter!


Another round of meal clean up, then it was time for the Easter Egg hunt. Brandon and Jordan went and hid the eggs. Last year my mom and I had a stroke of genius and we decided that each kid will have  a color. We hid the eggs based on age so Samuel's are really easy to find and Gavins are pretty tough! After all the eggs were hidden the kids went hunting! They had great fun finding all their eggs and even more fun eating the goodies inside!! Another family filled wonderful Easter holiday!










No comments:

Post a Comment