Elias giving Annie kisses, summer 2010
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
And I could not ask for more!
When I found out I was pregnant when Elias was just 8 months old, shocked is one of many emotions I was feeling. My babies were only going to be 18 months apart. Two kids in diapers, two kids fighting for my attention, anxiety was sky high to say the least. Well September came and so did Miss Annie Kat.Elias did pretty dang good adjusting to his new baby sister and to my eternal relief he grew to really love her and look out for her. Fast foward 18 months to today and they are the best of friends. If she is crying he will find her lovey for her or ask her" Annie whats the matter, its OK Annie" If she wakes up from her nap and he hears her first he runs up the stairs saying " Its OK Annie I am coming, I am coming" He gives her kisses and hugs and just loves her to peices...most of the time. He likes to be in charge of transporting her to the park be it in a stroller or wagon he has to be pushing/pulling it. He is also very strick on her, if she is doing somthing she is not supposed to be he says" ANNIE! get down" , or "ANNIE no be naughty" then he will come and get me to tell on her. If she is having a rough day he asks me if Annie can watch Toy Story 3( I think he does this for 2 reasons, 1. so she will stop fussing while he is busy and 2. he likes toy story...I am going to pretend its out of love though.) Granted he does have his days where he pushes her or is not the nicest but in general he has molded into his role of big brother very well. Latley I have been catching them in the most precious sibling moments, moments where they are playing together and I hear giggling or a conversation going on and I peak into their room or around the corner and they are interacting in a way that makes me run to get my camera so I won't forget these moments. I am in no way saying having 2 kids that close in age was easy, oh boy there were some really hard days but the kind of days that we have had latley are what I have been waiting for and in the words singer of Edwin McCain, I could not ask for more! Here are some pictures of my two little ones learning to love one another.
Elias meeting his baby sister for the first time! October 2009
Elias playing with Annie. Halloweed 2009
Elias cuddling with Annie, November 2009
Elias loving on his baby sister November 2009
Elias trying to feed Annie some dinner. January 2010
Annie and Elias taking a little nap together on the couch. Early 2010
Elias and Annie hanging out on the floor. Early spring 2010
Elias and Annie playing on the floor, winter 2010
Elias giving Annie kisses, summer 2010
Elias taking Annie under his wing and teaching her about life Summer 2010
Elias playing in Annie's bouncer, Summer 2010
Annie and Elias hugging in their house, Spring 2011
Elias giving Annie kisses, summer 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment