Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All About Brandon

Ok, so since most of the family that reads this is Brandon's family I decided to do a post all about him! Here are fun facts about Brandon!


1.Brandon played football in high school but was a cheerleader in college, that's how we met:) (Brandon and I stunting our last year cheering together)


2. By Brandon's 3rd year in college he still had no idea what he wanted to major in. We sat down with a course catalog went through EVERY major and found one he could finish in a decent amount of time and would result in a job he wouldn't hate. One year later he graduated with a degree in criminal justice and started working for the GFPD, which by the way he loves!


(Brandon and his mom and his graduation from the Police Academy)


3. Brandon is a hopeless romantic at heart. When we were dating he would do all sorts of cheesy things like make me CD's of songs, make cards using candy bars to say sweet things and bring me flowers randomly.



4. Brandon is afraid of roller coasters. When I took him to visit my parents for the first time we went to a amusement park and the rides were rated 1-5 based on how intense they were. The first ride I took him on was a level 5 and I told him it was a 3...he almost pooped his pants he was so scared.



5. Brandon loves the Minnesota Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves and has made it to the cities to watch all of them play at least once.


6. Brandon is a trained Krav Maga instructor and PPCT(pressure point control tactics) as well as a defensive tactics instructor so don't mess with him!. Krav Maga is Military Israel street fighting techniques that are commonly taught here in the US to law enforcement agencies as self defense. He also teaches defensive tactics and PPCT and likes to try to teach me all the stuff he knows like how to take a gun that is being pointed at me away...um ya like I would EVER have the courage to use those moves! 7. Brandon is currently in graduate school getting his masters in public administration. After he gets his masters he is hoping to teach a couple of college courses either out on the base or online. He would do this in addition to being a cop, he loves that too much to give it up right now but he does want to follow in his fathers teaching footsteps.


8. Brandon has a very close group of guy friends that he has been friends with...well forever! I am jealous that he has so many close friends that still live nearby!( Feel free to feel sorry for me since I have no family and not very many friends here). He also makes friends very easily since he is so outgoing and has a stellar personality.



9.Brandon loves going to movies. He will go see any movie even if it looks terrible. He has absolutely no problem going to movies by himself ( which is good since I HATE going to movies). He can watch a movie at the theater and not have to get popcorn and a soda...I didn't even know that was possible. 10. Brandon LOVES being a dad more then anything in the whole world. From the moment I met Brandon it was obvious that he loved his father very much and couldn't wait to be come a father too. He cried when I told him I was pregnant and he cried the day both of our beautiful children were born. The kids love him just as much as he loves them! When they hear that garage door open at 6pm they stop dead in their tracks and go running as fast as their little feet will take them to the door. They both flash him big smile and immediately start jabbering to him about their day. I have to admit I am a little jealous of the greeting he gets from them.


(Brandon and his babies, Thanksgiving 2010)



1 comment:

  1. So 1) you forgot me in the caption on the first photo and 2) thanks for rubbing it in that I don't live nearby.

    ReplyDelete