Monday, November 24, 2014

The Move

 The weekend before we moved was a big blur. We had the kids at either my moms or Mim's house pretty much for two days straight. Saturday afternoon we packed and packed and packed and Sunday was more of the same. As you can see, trying to pack with kids is fun for them, lots of boxes to climb on, but not so easy for mom and dad. With the help of grandparents, Uncle Jordan and friends, we were able to get the house packed Saturday and Sunday and loaded on the Uhaul by Sunday evening. 
My parents were watching the kids while Grandma Mim cleaned Sunday. Brandon finished loading everything and took the kids to his moms house  while my mom put Samuel to bed at hers. The older kids and Brandon hung out, ate pizza and watched a movie while Grandma Mim and I cleaned the entire house...ok she cleaned almost all of it, I joined in for the kitchen at the very end. We left our house for the last time clean and tidy...more then I can say for the people we bought our new house from!







 Here is to 6 wonderful years in our first house. 

Move in day was a total gong show! Both of my parents came down with the plague so my parents who were supposed to be  watching the little boys in the afternoon and homeschooling the older ones in the morning, ended up feverish and vomiting all day. They kept it together long enough for us to do our closing and get the U-haul to the new house. I then dropped off Elias at my moms, to entertain Gavin, and took the rest of the kids to Mim's. I had to get lunch for everybody and make sure Gavin and Elias were set and that Grammy and Papa were hydrated. By the time I did all of this and got back to the new house, the guys had pretty much finished unloading the truck. it was nice to have it done in plenty of time to return the U-haul, but because I wasn't there to help direct, most boxes that weren't clearly labeled just went into the front living room.
Brandon took the U-haul back and ran home to get changed and head on over to mass. I'm telling you it was a crazy crazy day. Samuel was sick so I kept him home and we attempted to make sense out of what had been brought in. 
We had no idea where kids clothes were, our clothes,toiletries etc. I managed to get enough stuff together( like Samuel's crib and the air mattress) to make it through the night. The next few days were going to be interesting, unpacking with 4 kids, oh and did I mention Brandon was headed back to work and class this week? 

 What our front room looked like after moving day
 I think the kitchen looks great.....
 Family room
Poor Samuel sat in a corner and ate for our first three days in this house because we couldn't clear enough room to move his chair to the big table. Ah, the joys of moving.

Stayed tuned for the real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment